Corporate Governance Essentials
- Customise from 2-4 Days
- Directors, auditors, and other officers of companies who FAIL to acquaint themselves with, AND apply the corporate governance principles – governance, risk and compliance within their companies will be hard pressed, if things go wrong, to answer the charge that they FAILED to take reasonable steps to comply with their director’s duties of care, skill and diligence.
The modern corporation is a complex organisation and the failure to integrate governance principles and governance practices into its various functions and processes is at best wasteful and at worst catastrophic. Good governance is simply good business management – and one of the main duties and role of directors and leaders in organisations. Governance is built upon the foundation of business ethics.
There has been a worldwide trend to improving corporate governance following various calamities and the current economic crisis facing the world is largely the consequence of poor governance. South Africa through the King Report on corporate governance has always been on the forefront of the good governance debate, and with the new Companies Act and the King III, we are at the lead in corporate governance in South Africa thinking in the new world class context.
The challenge for directors and leaders is to apply corporate governance principles in a way that adds value to their business – to ensure that they remain effective while acting in a responsible and sustainable way.
This course is intended for those wishing to understand, and learn how to apply, the new requirements and expectations for good governance. We will provide the answer to “What is corporate governance” along with various definitions of governance in a practical and applicable way by looking at governance best practice
- Understand the principles that result in good corporate citizenship, leadership, integrity and responsibility;>
- Assess and develop an effective governance framework
- Discover core principles for effective Boards and Directors
- Be able to apply the key principles for integrated enterprise risk management processes
- Understand and applying ten principles for effective Audit Committee;
- Understand the underlying principles relating to an effective internal audit charter;
- Uncover principles to manage stakeholder engagement and stakeholder management – and how they relate to corporate social responsibility;
- Understand the framework for integrated reporting, environmental sustainability and disclosure;
- Discover the importance of a robust IT governance Framework
- Know what compliance with laws, rules and standards really means
As a result of this governance course you will:
Who should attend?
- Executive Directors
- Non-executive Directors
- Company Secretaries
- Senior Executives
- Business Owners and Managers
...back to Business Skills Training