Problem Solving & Decision Making
...back to Business Skills Training
A highly practical and participative course for all levels of decision-makers
- In a competitive business world where supervisors and managers are becoming increasingly empowered, the need for effective problem solving skills has never been more critical. Unsolved problems are a drain on a company’s resources; poor decision making often means expensive mistakes. Equipping your supervisors and managers with these proven problem solving and decision making skills could be one of the best investments of the year.
- Delegates will acquire the skills to
- Differentiate and define various types of problems
- Determine the appropriate problem solving technique
- Analyze the problem
- Identify the cause
- Evaluate solutions
- Apply creative thinking techniques to problem solving
- Determine the decision objective
- Develop selection criteria
- Evaluate alternatives
- Analyze risk
- Optimize the decision
Module 1 leads the learner comprehensively through both rational and creative approaches to problem solving. The experience is enriched with case studies to challenge the delegates’ grasp of the techniques whilst building confidence in their ability to apply them, both in groups and as individuals.
Module 2 provides the learners with a proven process for ensuring the quality of decisions made and enhancing their success through the introduction of concepts such as change management, potential problem analysis and potential opportunity analysis.
- 2 Days